From EventScripts Community Encyclopedia
Below are a list of known issues in EventScripts.
EventScripts won't load on some server providers
- ES sometimes won't load on some server providers. This happens because they use a colon (:) in their file path names and this confuses Eventscripts.
- Workaround (You may need to ask the support desk if this doesn't exist):
Move this file:
to this directory:
orangebox/bin/ (NOT in /tf2/bin/, it needs to be in the highest bin directory under orangebox)
and restart your server. Most people already have access to this directory. If you do not, create a support ticket asking them for access to this directory.
For example, place it here in your FTP:
- pickle or cPickle won't work on GameServers.com or ClanServers.com game servers. This happens because they use a colon (:) in their file path names and this stops the rep module from working.
es_enable not implemented
- es_enable and es_disable do not work with Python scripts.
- Workaround: Use es_load and es_unload instead.
- Fixes: (none)
Server comes up under different IP address than expected (220.127.116.118+)
- Loading major scripts in autoexec.cfg can confuse the Valve command-line which sets the IP and port
- Workaround #1: Move major es_load lines to server.cfg
- Workaround #2: Add stuffcmds before your scripts load in autoexec.cfg
- Workaround #3: Use a script like this and es_load it at the top of autoexec.cfg:
# let us parse the command-line for + items
j = es.getString("eventscripts_cmdline").split("+")
# for each +variable
for var in j:
#strip off spaces and split them into name/value pairs
d = var.strip().split(" ")
if d == "ip":
Unknown command "wait" spam
- EventScripts v18.104.22.1688 will not work properly with the wait command disabled
- Due to regressions in the OrangeBox console command handling, "wait" is required to make many commands execute in the proper order.
- Workaround: Add sv_allow_wait_command 1 (the default) to your autoexec.cfg and server.cfg.
es.event() spams No valid command situation for es_event! 4, xxxxxx
- This occurs when you pass a blank string into a "setstring" column; e.g. es.event("setstring", "myevent", "somestring", "")
- Workaround: Pass "0" or "none" " " into the string. Note: This problem does NOT affect anything else other than the fact you get an annoying console error. event_var["somestring"] in this case would STILL return a blank string.
- (freddukes note:) The reason this occurs is that EventScripts doesn't pick up the blank string as an additional argument and it thinks there are only 4 arguments (including the command) when in reality there are 5. I think that argc() in the engine won't pick up "" as an additional argument.
- May not save your config info properly
es_fire/es.fire() not working (since the 02/22/2011 Source engine update)
- es_fire and es.fire() are not working anymore